Location: Center of the chest, near the heart
Color: Green or Pink
Verb: I love
The HEART CHAKRA is the fourth chakra and it deals with all facets of love, empathy, tolerance, compassion and forgiveness. Among the seven common, in-body chakra, it is the middle or center one, located in the center of the chest, near the heart. It mainly deals with social identity, self-acceptance, physical healing, balance, harmony, compassion and love.
When balanced, we can love deeply, feel compassion, have a deep sense of peace, trust others and take responsible risks. However, when unbalanced, one suffers a loss of self-discipline, difficult relationships due to an inability to maintain healthy relations or we repeatedly puts the needs of others before ourselves putting our own health at risk.
In a Nutshell:
- The center point of the other seven in-body chakras.
- The integrator of opposites in the psyche: mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity
- Controls the heart, blood circulation, immune system, lower lungs, rib cage, skin and upper back
- Sense: Touch
- Symbol: Crescent
- Musical Keynote: F (vocalized "ah") but its sacred sound is YAM.
- Sound: Wind/Air
- Sound Frequency: 341.3 Hz
- Associated Gland: Thymus
- Associated Organs/Systems: Governs the thymus gland, heart, blood, circulatory, immune and endocrine systems, lower lungs, rib cage, skin, upper back
- Qualities and/or Functions: Unconditional love, harmony, forgiveness, healing, compassion, understanding, personal transformation, warmth, sharing, devotion, selflessness
- In A Word: Compassion
Guided Visualization by Taos Winds Spirit Music:
Tools for Working with the HEART CHAKRA:
To help activate this chakra, wear green clothing and eat green foods/drinks like vegetables, spend time in nature, along with utilizing the following tools:
- Gemstones: Emerald, Green Jade, Rhodonite, Rhodochrosite, Rose Quartz, Ruby, Kunzite, and Watermelon Tourmaline
- Herbs: Marjoram, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Orris Root, Rose Oil, Yarrow
- Essential Oils: Marjoram, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Mandarin, Melissa, Rose, Maroc, Tangerine, Ylang Ylang
- Yoga Poses: Camel Pose, Wheel Pose, Bridge Pose, Warrior I, Cobra/Upward Facing Dog & Reverse Plank Pose
- Health Tips: "Enjoy a heart-healthy Mediterranean diet; exercise aerobically but also walk." (Dale, 2009, 60)
- (Book) The Complete Book of Chakra Healing by Cindi Dale (2009)