Location: Base of the spine
Verb: I have
Serving as our foundation and located at the base of the spine, the ROOT CHAKRA is the first chakra and is known as the Base Chakra. The Base Chakra is vital to our survival instincts and provides our sense of grounding and connection to our physical bodies and to the physical/Earth plane.
This chakra brings health, prosperity, security and dynamic presence. Its associated with assurance and determination. Physiologically speaking, it governs the kidneys and the spinal column. When balanced, the masculine and female energies are working together; however, when unbalanced, the feminine aspects disappear and one can become overbearing, difficulty with their ego (self), limited interest in the practical matter of life, lack of energy, etc.
- Color: Red and sometimes black for grounding with power
- Sense: Smell
- Symbol: Square
- Associated Gland: Adrenal
- Musical Keynote: Middle C (vocalized as an "Uh" sound) but its sacred sound is LAM.
- Sound: Thunder/Earthquake
- Sound Frequency: 256 Hz
- Qualities and/or Functions: Survival, the power to achieve goals, vitality, grounding, material security, stability, stillness, courage
- Associated Organs/Systems: Adrenal, controls body solids, such as the spinal column, bones, teeth, and nails, along with the blood, building process of cells, the colon and rectal area
- In A Word: Evolution
Heal Chakras Meditation & Awakening Videos by Meditative Mind:
Tools for Working with the ROOT CHAKRA:
A few simple ways to activate this chakra is by wearing red clothing but wear sparingly as too much red could evoke or strengthen one's anger (or even rage). You can also burning red candles responsibility. Eating and drinking red fruits such as apples, strawberries, etc.
- Gemstones: Agate, Bloodstone, Hematite, Red Coral, Red Garnet, Ruby, Black Obsidian, Black Tourmaline with Clear Quartz
- Herbs: Cedar, Clove, Pepper, Vetiver
- Essential Oils: Balsam de Peru, Myrrh, Patchouli, Rosewood, Thyme, Vetiver
- Yoga Poses: Easy Pose, Child's Pose, Mountain Pose, Squat/Garland Pose, Standing Forward Fold, Low Lunge, Warrior II, Bridge & Corpse
- Health Tips: "Eat three balanced meals a day; support adrenals with plenty of water, B vitamins, and minerals; exercise aerobically on a daily basis." (Dale, 2009)
- (Book) The Complete Book of Chakra Healing by Cindi Dale (2009)