Location: Above the navel/belly
Verb: I can
Located near the stomach or naval area and it rules our personal power, will, autonomy and metabolism, the third chakra is the SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA also known as the Navel, Solar, or Power Chakra. Although the Third-Eye Chakra is associated with intuition and the Heart Chakra is the center of love, the divine spark for both is felt (or ignited) in this area; therefore, the SOLAR PLEXUS is the center of our will. It's the source of our "gut" feelings.
Physiologically speaking, the SOLAR PLEXUS is connected to the biggest nerve center, thus connects almost all organs. When balanced, it gives you strength and provides the ability to hold energy for personal power and emotional control. However, when unbalanced, it produces rage and destructive anger.
In a Nutshell:
- Deals with human ego, emotions, and self-love
- Brings energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power
- Sense: Sight
- Symbol: Triangle
- Musical Keynote: E (vocalized as the "o" or "oh" sound in "top") but its sacred sound is RAM
- Sound: Fire (Roaring)
- Sound Frequency: 320 Hz
- Associated Organs/Systems: Pancreas, liver, stomach, spleen, gall bladder, autonomic nervous system, lower back, muscles
- Qualities and/or Functions: Personal power, social identity, influence, authority, self-control, energy, will, peace, radiance, joy, inner harmony, vitality, and inner strength
- In A Word: Empowerment
Healing & Awakening Meditations by Meditative Mind
Tools for Working with the SOLAR PLEXUS:
To activate this chakra, consider wearing yellow clothing, eating yellow foods, spending time responsibility in the sun, and drinking solarized water from a yellow bottle.
- Gemstones: Amber, Citrine, Infinite, Tiger's Eye, Topaz, Yellow Sapphire, Serpentine, Sulphur, Yellow Jasper
- Herbs: Bergamot, Carnation, Lavender, Rosemary
- Essential Oils: Bergamont, Black Pepper, Cardmom, Cedarwood, Coriander, Hyssop, Juniper, Lime, Lavender, Rosemary
- Yoga Poses: Child's Pose, Plank, Warrior III, Bow Pose & Corpse Pose
- Health Tips: "Eat five or six small meals a day, each combining a healthy fat (such as olive oil or another omega-3 based fat), a low-glycemic carbohydrate, and a protein. Establish a structured exercise program." (Dale, 2009, 57)
- (Book) The Complete Book of Chakra Healing by Cindi Dale (2009)