“Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.”
~The Bhagavad Gita
- Are you turned off by in-person group classes?
- Or perhaps you are a curvy chic that’s taken aback by your petite, perfectly-posed neighbor to your left (or right)?
- Or maybe your work/personal life schedule doesn’t fit around your local yoga studio cookie-cutter class offerings?
…then why not consider online yoga classes with The Divinely Preserved Healer? Jaketha is a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) specializing in slow to medium-flow yoga for the curvy or plus-sized women or anyone who considers themselves “flexibility challenged”. Whether you are interested in yoga via our holistic health packages or want just yoga all alone, we offer pre-recorded classes and the occasional live-stream classes to our clients either one-on-one or to a small group. As we grow, we’ll expand into a full-fledged virtual classroom studio offering regularly-added yoga classes and live weekly classes alongside pre-recorded meditations and other spiritual talks to help our clients evolve and expand their consciousness right from the privacy of your his/her home.
What is Virtual Yoga?
The virtual yoga class is a fully-immersive experience, following your virtual instructor through a proprietary exercise app on your web-enabled TV, computer/laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Such classes often begin with a short meditation to clear the mind and ground one’s self before being taken through a range of gentle movements to increase range of movements, strengthen joints and helps to alleviate pain.
Benefits of Virtual Yoga Classes:
Aside from online classes being more convenient, cost-effective and far less intimidating than traditional yoga classes, there are a few other benefits like:
- A personalized plan based on client needs (private yoga only)
- Specialized classes based on specific mind-body or health-related ailments like lower back pain, depression, PMS, arthritis, etc.
- Modified poses and other techniques that take into consideration different levels of flexibility, experience, and health
- The ability to practice at your own pace so feel free to use the pause and rewind buttons as much as you like
- No need for a babysitter because you can stay home and still keep an eye on the little ones
- Feel to buy and use traditional yoga props – that haven’t been shared with others or you can use whatever “props” you can find right in your own home – like a dining chair, sofa, throw, decorative pillows, and the like
- You can stay in Savasana as long as you want.
It would be a disservice if we didn’t tell you the difference between an in-person yoga class and virtual classes is the instructor is not able to provide hands-on assistance with working on or through what seems like a difficult pose. In such cases, we strongly encourage all our yoga students to PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY! If a pose is too strenuous, honor clues presented by your body and gently back off or out of pose that’s causes pain, extreme discomfort and the like.
What Is Needed?
- A broadband connection is highly recommended
- An Internet-enabled device such as a TV, computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Please note that larger screens offered by TV make for a better viewing experience.
- A yoga mat is required but again, other traditional yoga props, such as a blanket, bolster, blocks and/or straps, are optional. Feel free to substitute with whatever you have at home that’s safe to use.