DUMORTIERITE is typically a rich blue-toned stone representing the blue moon and is known as the stone of “tolerance and tranquility”. It encourages calmness when others are chaotic inducing relaxation, tranquility, and a simple feeling of harmony. It assists you in expressing your true self and creative expression, encouraging you to speak out when you feel you are being treated unfairly and helping you see the good in the people who are around you.
Purpose & Benefits:
- Promote a positive attitude to life and help you stay “young at heart”
- Most effective with the Throat Chakra
- In healing, this stone is thought to be of benefit for nausea, vomiting, cramping, and colic
- Placed gently on an affected area, can soothe sunburn, for relieving tension and headaches
- Often mistaken for sodalite and has been used as an imitation of lapis lazuli
- Varies in color from blue, brown, and green to very rare violet and pink.