Yesterday marked the 17th year since my mother’s passing. In honor of her, I purchased a yellow Mother(-hood) intention candle. I said a quick prayer aloud in which…
- I thanked her for being my mother
- I acknowledged that she had been “robbed of the chance” to raise me
- I further told her that I would honor my role as a mother, by continue my own inner (healing) work so that I’d could be an example for my four-year-old son.
With that said, I lite the candle, set it atop of my ancestor altar, and let it burn for over an hour. At the same time, I decided I’d take the opportunity to finally repotted the Hawaiian Ti plant that I had purchased earlier this year – see Paying Homage to Maternal Ancestors here.
All day long, it was rather cloudy outside. So about 10 minutes after I transported it into its new bright green holder, the heavens opened up. Initially the rain was nothing more than a typical summer shower then it stopped as quick as it started. But within a short time later, the rain started again and this time, it was a little more intense then the last time then it stopped again.
This process continued about one or two more times, then it would stop. This “final” time the sun shone brightly for the first time all day. I thought to myself, well finally, it’s finally passed. So I drove to the grocery store but as I was headed back home, the rain slowly started up again. Once I walked through the door, it turned into a major downpour. Now each time this would happen, the weather would get stormier and stormier. It wasn’t just rain and wind but also booming thunder and very “mad-dog-like” lightning bolts. The fifth time – and finally time – it rained, I was driving in it and the lightning bolts were so intense but I had no fear which was strange since I hated to be caught driving in such weather conditions.
Initially, I took the rain as a sign – “tears of joy” from my mother’s soul accepting my offer. But then I wonder later if there was something much deeper with the repeated showers. Today, I came across a tweet pointing to an article on ForeverConscious.com regarding July’s Full Moon in Capricorn.
In Shamanic cultures, thunder is said to bring spiritual healing and cleansing. The sound of the thunder and the bolts of lightening are said to be able to clear and release even the harshest of negative energies….This Full Moon is the perfect time to conduct a ritual of spiritual transformation and to honor the cycle of death and rebirth.
While the Full Moon will take care of what needs to go and what needs to stay, this ritual is more about bringing a heightened awareness of spiritual understanding to the cycle of life. (emphasis added)?
Just wow! Then as I finally confirmed – I picked up my cell phone to see the battery life at 81% and the time at 8:18pm as I was preparing to write this post. Like clockwork, my mother was sending me a sign of approval along with a confirmation that I was headed in the right direction regarding my divine mission and destiny. (As an F.Y.I., today marks 20 years of working in the same industry. I think its time I get ready “to retire myself” and angel number 81 and 818 are my confirmation for doing so. ?)
- May be telling you that you are nearing the end of a significant and important phase of your life
- Suggests that you to think only thoughts of abundance and prosperity
- Create a list of affirmations that affirm and reinforce your own ability and motivation to turn your dreams into reality and look to new and/or different ways to bring about and achieve your goals and aspirations.
- If you have been considering beginning a spiritually-based career, profession or practice, or a project or venture whereby you use your natural skills and abilities to serve and assist others, Angel Number 818 may be a prompt to pursue your ideas and take positive action in the direction of your desires.
To all of this, I say, “Thanks Mom!” ?